MiDATA is a new “C2B” (Consumer to Business) tool that creates a win-win for both Consumers and Businesses. As an IBM Innovation Partner, MiDATA uses a blend of technologies to put Consumers and their privacy first, allowing them to own, control and get paid for the value inherent in their aggregate personal data.
MiDATA serves two key markets:
- For Consumers, MiDATA is a Personal Data Ownership Platform that gives Consumers the ability to create, aggregate and own their personal data, control their privacy and extract value from their data by choosing to engage with brands relevant to them.
- For Businesses, MiDATA is a Privacy Based Marketing platform that, through predictive analytics and Consumer engagement tools, allows Brands to market to Consumers who have signalled their permission, interest and purchase intent through settings on the platform.
For both Consumers and Businesses/Brand Marketers, MiDATA is a new fully permissioned marketing communication channel where they can form high value relationships through welcomed and highly relevant engagements.
We are regular people just like youwho saw an opportunity to fix things and because we have the skills, we feel a responsibility to make it happen. None of us has ever been “rich”, nor has any of us had any remarkable successes. But none of that is our motivation.
To us, if there’s a question about values in any situation, then people always come before profits. Whether you’re our customer or our employee – you come before us. People come before profits.
Since having the original vision for “hypergripe.com” in 1993 (evolving into what is now MIDATA) the prime motivation for our Founder & CEO, Paul Marek, was to use the power of the internet to give power back to the people. So everything we do, say and build is about gaining your trust because our sincere goal is to help you to get your power back by taking control of your personal data, privacy and value – and you’ll want MASSIVE trust in anyone you let near any of that.
Here’s a great example of trust:
Over the last 3 years, more than 40 of Paul’s family and close friends have trusted him enough to become investors in this company (at $5,000 or more). When asked the reason why they invested – they all say the same thing: “because they know and trust he’ll make it happen”. They didn’t invest in the idea – they invested in the person, because they trust him and what he stands for.
Our 4-point mandate is;
- to offer transparency in all relationships,
- to include all stakeholders, including our customers in our policymaking
- to be fully compliant in all respects of data governance and regulations, and
- to become an exemplary model and leader for others in our industry to follow.
Because we are in this for the long-haul, not the quick buck, we’re also establishing global industry initiative to create a standardized personal data protocol to make development, security, management and ownership of personal data much easier and safer, as well as to help foster this new “personal data management” industry as a whole by creating an environment for healthy competition. The initiative is called the KnoMe Personal Data Protocol Consortium.